Senior Network Architect
POSITION: Full Time
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON
Hiboo Networks Inc., is a new telecommunications company in the Ottawa-Gatineau region that is wholly owned by Hydro Ottawa Holdings Inc.
Hiboo Networks Inc is passionate and excited to provide high-quality and high-speed fibre optic network solutions and internet services to the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Our fast, high-capacity and highly-secure connectivity solutions built on state of the art technology, will deliver the low latency and high reliability network services that the business community increasingly requires to support the region’s global leadership and international growth and success.
Imagine working for a new exciting company, where employees have a chance to make a difference, be innovative and contribute to the success of the organization.
Hiboo Networks Inc. is currently searching for a talented individual to join our team as a Senior Network Architect. You will play a critical role as the lead technical product owner working with the go-to-market team, and helping the company establish, maintain and grow its Service Provider Network technology stack across Routing, Switching, Security, and DDI. This position will also perform pre-sales engineering functions, lead technical customer discussions and bring forth solutions in a combined Pre-Sales Engineering and Network Architecture role as part of the company’s early days of launch.
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to develop a service provider network from the ground up and work with leading technology providers to help drive the road-map into the future.
Here’s What You Will Do
- Develop the overall product architecture & technology roadmap
- Support and collaborate with the Network Security Architect in ensuring the overall security posture of the network
- Develop the architecture and design of the network for industry leading performance around availability, latency, and throughput.
- Develop the management stack, policies, and capabilities required to provide world-class B2B services
- Review and analyze new technologies and make recommendations to enhance business, improve capabilities, and reduce costs
- Lead ongoing service provider network expansion and evolution into new technologies such as SDN/NFV and zero-touch provisioning
- Develop service configuration standards for all product and feature offerings
- Manage capacity planning and the associated policies and procedures for network operations to follow
- Govern technical change management and manage the end-to-end risk related to Service Assurance.
- Provide senior support and technical leadership (level 3) to Network Systems Engineer, outsourced NOC, field and outside plant services for provisioning and support of core and customer network issues
- Provide technical leadership during major incidents affecting the network, accountable for identification of the underlying root cause, and execution of remediation activities
- Provide expert level pre-sales engineering support to Sales/Account teams on high impact deals; setting solution design standards for pre-sales engineering to follow
- Manage and assist with all technical recruitment, onboarding, and performance management within the network team
- Coach, motivate and inspire a high- performance network team. Assist with the development of the overall technical skills and talent posture of the network team
As you will be a “ground zero” hire, you will be leading the implementation of the end-to-end architecture, design, configuration, and validation of our service provider network technology stack while collaborating with go-to-market, network equipment vendors, integrators, and the network team.
Here’s What you Need – Skills and Qualifications
- A Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Preferred ten (10+) years of hands-on technical experience, of which 5+ years in an Architecture role, and 5+ years in an technical role in a Tier1 or Tier2 Service Provider
- Experience with Business Services such as Internet, Ethernet, MPLS Wavelengths, Data Center/Cloud connectivity, SDWAN, SDN/NFV, with service management across the OSS/BSS ecosystem
- A certification from a major routing technology provider such as Juniper, Cisco or Nokia ( Juniper Professional or Expert level, Service Provider certification (JNCIP-SP) preferred)
- A solid understanding of Optical Transport systems in a Service Provider environment
- Technical ability along with business acumen for leading presentations
- Experience with design and implementation of cloud connectivity with Azure, AWS, GCP, Megaport etc
- Strong understanding of security measures and implementation such as DDOS, DNS Security, SOC and other cloud managed security posture
*This position is expected to be a part of the teams’ rotational on-call duties and, when required, be a part of managing/supporting after-hours project deployments in the evenings or weekends as required.
Here’s What’s Great to Have – Core Competencies
- Adaptable, adjusts and responds to change, can pivot and prioritize
- Commitment to quality and excellence
- Entrepreneurial spirit, is innovative, challenges the status quo and can take risks
- Motivated to “hit the ground running”, a self-starter who can take initiative
- Integrity, is trustworthy, fulfills commitments and does what is right
- Collaboration skills, a team player who loves working with others and sharing ideas
- Provides “best in class” customer service
- Experience in a start-up organization and/or the telecommunications services industry is an asset
- Bilingual and the ability to effectively communicate to business leaders in both English and French is an asset
Here’s Why You Should Join the Hiboo team!
- Compensation and Incentive Program
- Benefits and RRSP Matching Program
- Generous Paid Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Home Office Reimbursement Program
- Cell Phone Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
As we build our team, the health, safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority.
Hiboo offers employees flexible work arrangements however, this position is located in Ottawa, and face-to-face meetings with the team will be required. We value the innovation and teamwork that happens when employees come together and are committed to establishing a dynamic workforce that reflects the community it serves. We are stronger together!
Hiboo Networks Inc. is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities and invite you to contact us if you have questions regarding accessibility or accommodation.
If you are looking to join a new dynamic organization that values entrepreneurial thinking, excellence, innovation, integrity, teamwork and best in class service, we want to meet you!
We will enable our fellow citizens via our strengths in people and technology, with community purpose, for a better future.
- We make Citizens’ lives better, make the city better, now and in the future o We act in the customer’s best interest – always
- We are Fair, Honest and will earn your trust
- We try to keep things simple and clear